Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weight Watchers

Today at lunch I had to make a quick trip to Wally World.  While I was waiting for my one hour photos to finish, I decided to graze the isles.  While grazing, I whimsically decided that I am going back on Weight Watchers.  About a year ago, I used WW to jump start my weight loss.  I truly believe that WW + running is what started my 20+ pound weight loss in March 2010. 

Although I still have about 15 more pounds to reach my goal weight of 135, my husband and I are currently TTC (trying to conceive).  Until I find out that I'm pregs, I'm going to continue on my WW journey.  In fact, I may continue with WW even while I'm pregs (*of course, not trying to lose weight, but just to remain healthy!)


I found an ahh-mazing lunch and snack today while on my graze--

For 6 measly points, I'm having a delicious, healthy and perfectly portioned meal!
Although my box says Jamaican-style chicken, the picture of this is the EXACT same one! (hmmmm...)
Calories: 300
Fat: 2.5g (rounded up to 3 for WW calculator purposes)
Fiber: 5g
Total Points: 6

For a snack, I'll be indulging in 2 points worth of this:
Calories: 130
Fat: 8g
Fiber: 2g
Total Points: 2

Since I'm allowed to have 22 WW points, I still have 14 points left for dinner.  We're having kind of a bigger dinner tonight which will consist of  mini meat loafs, corn on the cob and green beans--still only 6 points!!  Oh, and I will not be counting veggies or fruit as points.  Although, I think it's ridiculous to count fruits and veggies as points anyway, I've recently found out that WW has made this part of their plan.

After dinner tonight, I'll have 8 points left over, which I'll probably just save for this weekend :) :)

*You get 35 extra points per week to use for indulgences or days that you're over your allotted point intake
150 pound woman:
22 points per day
189 per week


  

No comments:

Post a Comment