Friday, September 7, 2012

Menu Mania

It's freaking Friday!  Finally.  What a week it's been.  Monday we were still on our annual camping trip with some friends, so when Tuesday came around, I was so not rested.  At all.  It actually took me about three days to recoup after that trip, and I'm just now starting to feel like myself.

Since we didn't get home until late Monday night, we didn't have a menu plan, and didn't go grocery shopping.  On our way home, we decided that we would try to go the week without a legit shopping trip and that I would pick up whatever we needed for the night's dinner during my lunch that day.  I think I took one lunch break this week.  It was a FAIL.  This whole week was a failure, really.  

As the weekend is upon us, we have a fresh start to next week's meal plan.  I think my entire family is happy about this!  It really is a necessity to our sanity!  *Although, I'm fairly certain my two year old wouldn't complain if she could get to eat corn dogs for dinner every night.  Ew!

This week I did an extra long meal plan because of my husband's work schedule.  Twelve hour shifts blow, but the fact that he gets a couple days off during the week, to spend time with the girls, is a BONUS= less money for daycare!!!

Friday: Tacos & Skinny Taco Dip
Saturday:  Parent's- I have to work an event out of town :(
Sunday:  Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Monday:  Cheesy Baked Penne
Tuesday:  Herb & Garlic Grilled Chicken w. grilled mushrooms and Caesar Salad
Wednesday:  Spicy Rice Casserole
Thursday:  Baked Italian Subs w. sweet corn
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday:  Chicken Alfredo Rollups w. green beans
Sunday: Steak w. grilled mushroom, onions and carrots
Monday:  BLT's w. mashed sweet potatoes and sweet corn

How delicious do these look?  I'm really going to try to keep within my WW points this week, too!
Baked Penne: Amazing!  Whole family loves.  So easy and soooo good! Actually made twice in one week!
Baked Penne
chicken alfredo roll-ups
Lasagna Rollups

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: