Monday, May 17, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge

Today marks the completion of the very first week of my weight loss challenge with myself.  As far as the fitness portion of my challenge is concerned, it was not an easy journey this week, but I stuck with it, and feel great about my commitment.  I have been doing a modified running program combined with THE BIGGEST LOSER 30 day Jump Start workout video.  The runs  have been kicking my butt.  I do them before I put in the video.  I've been finding that once I return from the run, I am much more motivated and ready to work hard doing the video.  I now have my iPod up and running, which helps with the lacking motivation that sometimes settles in.

Eating habits are a bit of a different story...  I started the week off right with a great mind set.  I've substituted fruits and vegetable for the usual hot tamale and mini sized candy bar bites as snacks.  I also purchased a refillable water bottle which I am making a point to fill up 4-5 times per day. Dinner meals are pre-planned and usually well blanced with the food pyramid in mind.  I even attended a lunch conference where I ate about half of the blueberry cheesecake (normally I would have eaten the whole thing).  The diet and workout plan seemed to be going alright for me, right? 

Then Friday night hit.  My fiance, Lance, suggested that we try a new restaurant downtown for their Friday night all you can eat cod :(  of course a dinner outing isn't complete without several beverages--in this instance the drink of choice was beer.  As we headed home from the restaurant I kept in mind that it was Friday, day 5 of my workout routine and that my tennis shoes and sports bra were waiting for me when I got home.

I made it through day 5 of the workout, I even woke up early Saturday morning to complete day 6 of my weight loss challenge. Then Saturday night's festivities arose upon us!  Lance's buddy came down and before I knew it we were sitting at a local watering hole consuming tall Bud Lights... The extra empty calories were later replenished with several more calories of binge eating at 2AM :(

Sunday is the off day of the 4 week long program, but I'm certain that if I had to do a workout, I would have drug my hungover butt off the couch and hit the gym.  That's the kind of commitment I have to myself during this post baby body mindset. 

Today starts week 2 of my fitness challenge, and I couldn't be more ready!  I'm getting a bit ansty sitting here on my lunch break thinking about the run that I will be embarking on after dinner tonight.--which by the way will be a home-cooked meal---as will every other meal of this week!

Jumping back on the wagon and getting my head in the game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment